Yep, this is a photo of me in a diner. I like diner food, stripes and geometric shapes, especially triangles and squares. They’re the rock stars of the geometric family. I’ve lived in Hong Kong, England and Los Angeles. I’m currently working at American Express in the Big Apple.
Senior Manager, User Experience
DEC 2011 – Present
Providing an alternative financial service for unbanked and underbanked users to easily and confidently spend and manage their money.
- Directed scrum design team of 10 in-house and agency designers/ developers to produce service enhancements across responsive web, app, SMS, Email and IVR channels
- Implemented service design and led an array of projects to create new features and capabilities for Serve, Bluebird and Target Prepaid RedCard
- Worked closely with project managers to manage timeline and design activities
- Managed and facilitated workshops, reviews and design discussion with cross-functional teams and leadership to define design strategy and shape our product
- Conducted user research and usability testing to collect insights to improve our product
JUN 2010 – DEC 2011
AUG 2008 – JUN 2010
Created products that help game publishers to enhance their in-game payment platform and increase conversions among paying users.
- Flew solo for 2 years before there was funding to build a 3 person design team from scratch
- Designed with creative strategy to support different aspects of the company, including marketing, product design, internal customer servicing tools, user research, usability testing, and business development
- Collaborated closely with the product and engineering team to launch offer platform and gamecoins.com
- Contributed to the success of getting 2 rounds of funding from VCs
MAR 2007 – JUN 2008
Built a suite of web chat and instant messenger products to help people connect.
- Created wireframes, UI design, and assets to support the team needs
- Designed icons and illustrations for chat applications and marketing site
- Designed marketing collaterals for tradeshows and AOL developer events
- Worked with the creative director, senior designer and developers to redesign the company site
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
MAR 2006 – MAR 2007
Created design to move millions of riders everyday.
- Assisted lead designer in refreshing the subway timetable, map, and station signage design
- Designed signage and map display for subway stations
- Created a series of schematic drawings of subway stations used in the graphic standards manual
- Produced mockups and graphic assets for outdoor and print advertising
Otis College of Art & Design
BFA in Graphic Design
Graduated with Honors
I began my study at Otis in 2004, learned a lot and met some great, talented designers and artists during the best three years of my life.
- Thought I would study advertising, but my love for typography, iconography and information design attracted me to graphic design
- Made best friends with 3M spray mount and fresh xacto blades
- Met my mentors Neil Sadler, Daniel Frydman and Patty Kovic who helped to shape my design practice
Skills & Tools
- Good ol’ Pen & Paper
Working knowledge of
- After Effects